Mar 21, 2011

Don't be stupid , read the link first

 
Description: Here I present a simple scenario
Two people talking in a chat,first person asks the other to visualize a social network profile.
The first person sends a link to the other person
The second person opens the link to view the profile ,which comes asked to do login first
The second person does not pay attention to the link that could be fake, she opens the link without any worry
The first person which could be the (bad one) steals the login credentials
Someone may ask: How many people don't pay attention when they open a link ?
Well, the answer is very simple: [Many]

The conversation in the video is not in English , but here i made some translation

pyth0n3 aka realname
victim aka heidiantonescu

realname: Hello how are you?
heidiantonescu: I am well who are you?
realname: Your admirer
heidiantonescu: Where did you get my id?
realname: I got it from a friend of yours on hi5
realname: You're cute, I thought we can get a date
realname: We are in the same place
heidiantonescu: But I do not know you and mom told me not to go out with strangers :) (she smile)
realname: Here I give you a link to my profile
heidiantonescu: k (She said ok)
realname: hxxp://cristi-hi5-com-friends.co.cc
realname: Here's the address to my profile
realname: :)(smile)
Waiting...
realname: Hey are you still there?
heidiantonescu: Yes, now get on your profile
heidiantonescu: But it does not work :( (sad face)
realname: Perhaps it's a network problem
realname: :)(smile)
heidiantonescu: aham (I see)
realname: Try later
realname: Now excuse me have to go
heidiantonescu: k (She said ok)

Overview
Security is important, should not be neglected

No comments:

Post a Comment